Thursday, December 01, 2011

A STREET PLAY ON AIDS

A street Play on AIDS at Seethafal Mandi



Being an actor, narrating a street play on AIDS has given me an experience to participate in the Community Theatre. Performing a street play is not a new form to the theatre, but where as the experience which I got it from the performance on AIDS has given me a chance to show my spontaneous acting skills. As a narrator (known as 'joker' in Community Theatre) of the play, I experienced some very interesting situations during the performance.  Due to the active participation of the people from slum, their ignorance and illiteracy on AIDS, I had to deeply interact with them.  

The pictures represent the performance at Seethafal Mandi 'basti', with the association of SAKSHI, a unit of AIDS at Osmania University, Hyderabad. 

click here for photos  






No comments:

Post a Comment